Africa is a continent, not only rich in diversity but also rich in tech innovations. South Africa, in particular, has become one the most desirable destinations to host conferences that can change the world.
With this, Cape Town, South Africa will be hosting AfricaCom 2018, which is one of the biggest, best and most influential tech and telecoms event on the continent, and the only place to meet innovators driving Africa's digital transformation.
What is AfricaCom?
AfricaCom has become the location for finding out what is current and hot within African technology industry. AfricaCom surrounds itself it with every influencer within African’s telecommunications and technology; it boasts a guarantee of stimulating content and inspirations coupled with incredible technology.
Tom Cuthell, Portfolio Director of KNect365, organisers of AfricaCom states:
“We made a decision to open up a number of key conference areas, as we recognise the importance and significance of the conversations taking place around a multitude of topics all connected by the backbone of technology, the more people involved in these discussions, the quicker Africa will advance towards the Fourth Industrial Revolution.”
Supplementing the 5G discussions for exceptional delegates, are tracks covering 5G allowing technologies – MEC, NFV, SDN, Network Slicing – that will lead to a proliferation of next-generation services such as AR/VR, AI and VOLTE.
What you need to know
AfricaCom will be hosting 400 exhibitors showcasing their technologies and solutions covering everything from 5G, AI, IoT, TV, Fintech and more.
With 20 tracks and features to choose from, and 450 expert speakers will be sharing case studies, inspirational ideas and best practice, this year’s AfricaCom agenda is definitely for those who are business critical.
The world-class speaker line-up in 2018 includes:
- Rob Shuter, Group President and CEO, MTN
- Olabiyi Durojaiye, Chairman, Nigerian Communications Commission
- Hon. Ursula Owusu-Ekuful, Minister of Communications, Republic of Ghana
- Jean Philbert Nsengimana, Special Advisor, Smart Africa, Former Minister, Ministry of Information Technology and Communication, Government of Rwanda
- Mohamed Dabbour, CEO, Africa, Millicom
- Babak Fouladi, Group Chief Technology & Information Systems Officer, MTN
- Siyabonga Mahlangu, Group Executive: Regulatory Affairs and Government Relations, Telkom
- Nicholas Naidu, Managing Executive: Technology Strategy, Architecture & Innovation, Vodacom
- Francis Mumbi, Innovation Lead, Stanbic Bank
- Joseph Hundah, Group President and CEO, Econet Media
- Jason Lobel, Group Head of Video, MTN
- Botlenyana Mokhele, Councillor, ICASA
- Catherine Wanjiku Njari, Senior Manager, TV & Media Content, Safaricom
- John Momoh (OON), CEO, Channels Media Group and Chairman, BON
The CICC or Cape Town International Convention Centre, South Africa will be hosting AfricaCom 2018 during these times:
- Tuesday, November 13: 10.00 - 18.00
- Wednesday, November 14: 10.00 - 18.00
- Thursday, November 15: 10.00 - 18.00
We cannot describe how exciting and innovative this event will here, so here is a video that does it so eloquently:
AfricaCom Contact Information